Harassment Prevention for New York Supervisors
Commitment to a Positive & Respectful Workplace
Preventing harassment begins with encouraging respect and acceptance at all employee levels. If you are a supervisor or manager, you set the tone for workplace culture. It’s your role to prevent harassment and create an environment where everyone can be productive.
You will receive tips for mitigating risk and creating a more positive and respectful work environment.
You also have access to your instructor if you have questions about anything in this course.
- Review definitions and examples of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Understand employer obligations for responding to and investigating complaints
- Develop strategies to prevent harassment including harassment based on gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
- Create a workplace where people feel safe and respected regardless of their backgrounds and experiences.
Who Will Benefit
- All new employees
- Existing employees needing a refresher of workplace requirements and expectations
- Organizational leaders looking to develop a positive and respectful workplace and ensure effective risk management
*This course is designed to meet the New York state and New York City supervisor training requirements.
Approved for 2.0 SHRM recertification credits
--Please note this course works best with Google Chrome browser--
Suzi is the Vice President of People Development & Culture for Xenium HR, an outsourced human resources and employer services firm located in Portland, Oregon.
Suzi’s background consists of over 20 years of consulting experience and expertise in: management of human resource departments, compliance with multiple state employment requirements, coordination of mergers & acquisitions, resolution of complex employee relations issues, coaching, and development of employee and management training programs.
Since 2002, Suzi has provided consultation to a large number of Xenium clients in varying industries including manufacturing, non-profit, retail and professional services.
Suzi oversees the design and delivery of Xenium’s employee development programs focused around employer compliance, organizational performance, and leadership best practices. She is a certified Senior HR professional, Social & Emotional Intelligence Coach and DISC Trainer. She guides emerging leaders in maximizing their potential through one on one coaching and customized workshops. Suzi also partners with organizations to produce events attracting business owners, managers and human resource professionals.